More value. More flexibility. More options.
P-Gels™ is an innovative approach to softgel product development and manufacturing services for prescription pharmaceuticals. Now you can get softgels with the quality, choices and service you demand, as well as speed, flexibility and value like you've never seen before.
What sets P-Gels apart is tight vertical integration. In one state of the art facility, all product lifecycle phases are supported, from early development to commercial manufacturing, and with equipment replication between non-GMP and GMP. To be even more efficient, the gelatin production, equipment and tooling design, and fabrication are all part of the vertical integration including the manufacture of the packaging and labeling. By integrating and controlling every inch of the process like no other CMO, you save time and money with P-Gels.
Our value isn't just in how we work, but in how we do business. At Patheon we believe in earning strong relationships with quality and service rather than locking customers in with inflexible contract terms. That flexibility extends to our stellar project management.
With P-Gels, you get more for less.
End-to-end softgel development
- Formulation feasibility assessment
- Analytical development and validation
- Including ICH stability studies
- Process development
- Formulation development
- Specialized capabilities
- Controlled release, API combo products, non-animal gelatin
- High-potency products including hormones
- Diverse delivery technologies
- Including Unigel, VeggieGels™ & G-Tabs™
- Pilot batches
- CTM manufacturing
- Scale-up services
- Regulatory filing & documentation
- Large-scale commercial supply
- Bulk production
- Primary and secondary packaging
- Marketing support for Latin America
- Highest quality standards and certifications
- FDA, GMP, ISO 9001 and 14000, BASC
Formulation and delivery technologies
- Modified Release to control concentration, as well as time and place of release
- Concentrated Micro-Emulsion to increases solubility
- Micro-Particle to improve dissolution, absorption and physical stability
- Flavor-Odor Technology to improve patient compliance
- Enteric Coating to preserve acid-labile APIs by delaying release to small intestine
- Lipid Formulations, SEDDS, SMEDDS to use lipids for the enhancement of bioavailability
Unique softgel dosage formats
- Softgel or Tablets within Softgel Multiple delivery systems in a single dose
- Gelatin Coated Tablets One or two-toned color gelatin, printed or not
- VeggieGels™ Non-gelatin animal-free shell
- Twist-off Capsules Measured dose for topical applications
Meet your partners
With P-Gels, you will have two industry leading organizations working as one on your product's success. P-Gels is a unique partnership between Patheon and Softigel of the Procaps Group. Each with more than 30 years' pharmaceutical experience, we offer unparalleled softgel scientific expertise, an impressive breadth of formulation experience and deep knowledge of gelatin.
Our combined softgel experience* speaks for itself
- 9 billion total available capacity
- 528 products developed
- 308 products manufactured
- 136 billion softgels manufactured
*as of January 2012