Join us as We Transform How Pharmaceuticals are Made.
|Patheon is looking for people who are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. Patheon is in need of proven leaders to nurture talent, build effective teams and drive engagement in an environment where people are motivated to do their best for the company, its clients and their patients. To inspire collaboration and innovation.
The Senior Program Manager will be the primary project contact for both the customer and the core project team in all matters related to the development, characterization and technical transfer of the biologic manufacturing processes. The position requires a highly motivated and tenacious, self-starter who is able to assimilate new information quickly and enjoys working closely with others within a fast-paced environment. The individual must have deep and broad based bioprocess technical knowledge, as well as traditional program management and leadership skills. The Senior Program Manager will also be expected to design and improve program management tools based on significant experience and expertise.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan and deliver all stages of the project within a matrix organization, including, but not limited to; the introduction of new products into the facilities, process development, analytical method development and qualification, equipment purchase and for overseeing the preparation for, execution of and close out of development and non-GMP confirmation batches.
- Resolve project team issues and facilitate decision making within the team. Drive progress to completion to the required standard (both internally and with the customer)
- Communicate regularly with the business team, Patheon technical team, and customer team. Report on the initially agreed upon customer and internal milestones and share progress, issues, and risks.
- Track and manage the financial aspects of the project including milestone payments, pass through costs and FTE estimates to ensure that we are on time and on budget.
- Develop, improve, and implement program and project management tools and templates for use by the program teams.
- Must have a full understanding of Contract Manufacturing Operations for Development, Clinical, and Commercial biopharmaceuticals
- Should be educated on biopharmaceutical product lifecycles from early development through commercial and appropriate activities and requirements for each phase (process and analytical)
- Possess scientific understanding necessary to actively contribute to technical reviews / discussions at the core team level and explain / defend the discussion and conclusions
- Able to comprehend and interpret technical and business documents and apply to appropriate actions
- Solid understanding of financial analysis, forecasting, tracking, and reporting for projects vs. the allocated budgets
- Able to communicate with all levels in small and large group settings and influence actions and drive results within a matrix environment.
- Able to lead teams in a high paced, rapidly changing environment, while maintaining order and a larger picture perspective
- Able to interact and communicate with internal and external senior management and explain topics/decisions in the appropriate context
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must possess a strong bioprocess development background. Experience with cGMP manufacturing highly desirable.
- BSc in a relevant scientific discipline. Higher education (Graduate degree, MBA) is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills
- Requires at least 8 years related experience in the industry.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a project or program management role dealing with customers (ideally in a contract manufacturing organization), managing programs with significant business impact.
- Proficient with MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Certification required (PMP, Six Sigma, or equivalent).
- Able to function in a rapidly changing environment and balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- This role will be based in Princeton, NJ, but occasional travel (domestic and international) is required.
- Primarily a dayshift role in an indoor (office) environment. Flexible hours and overtime required as needed.
- Able to gown into GMP area desired, but not required.
Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional duties may be performed, as assigned. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time.
Help Us Make a Healthier World.
|Patheon provides development and manufacturing services for more than 800 pharmaceuticals, including nearly a fifth of the world’s top selling drugs. We’ve helped our clients earn more than twice as many U.S. FDA approvals than any other CDMO. Are you as committed as we are to exceeding expectations with high-quality solutions to complex problems? If so, we want to talk to you about making a healthier world... together. Join us at patheon.com
Patheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.