The Manager, Planning directs the efforts of Production Planning within Patheon Toronto Manufacturing sites, responsible for developing the production plan and detailed scheduling for solid dose, OC, PDS to meet business objectives in compliance with all regulatory requirements, cGMP’s and company policies, procedures and goals. Develops and implements procedures and programs for production planning, with the intention of maximize operating efficiencies, improve the processes flow, optimize sales and operations in the common pursuit of superior customer service to achieve site OTD (On Time Delivery) and revenue goals and other supply chain objectives. In addition this role is also responsible to monitor inventory levels, achieve inventory accuracy & inventory turns target and ensure timely disposition of materials; as well as enhance clients’ satisfactions through service level improvement
• Develop short-term production plan aligned with the capacity of the plant and establish the necessary strategies to meet customer demand and financial targets.
• Manage and improve production scheduling process MPS (Master Production Schedule), MRP (Material Requirement Planning) and CAP (Capacity Planning) for the site and adjust schedules accordingly to ensure deliver site goals and objectives.
• Ensure production operation plan is aligned with the capacity of the plant (medium and long term) and establish strategies needed to comply with the customer's needs and new products launches.
• Lead Rough Cut Capacity Requirement Planning; analyzes site capacity requirements, identifies mid-long term bottlenecks and discusses corrective action
• Conduct statistics analysis, production scenario planning & modeling with various customers demand to recommend optimal production plan to minimize cost and maximum operations output
• Provide leadership and recommend scheduling adjustments to management supporting changing business needs or customer requests; resolves trade-offs, with top management if required
• Lead Toronto Site planning meetings, prioritize clients’ requirement, proactively address potential issues, and resolve roadblocks that may interrupt the production schedule to ensure achieving on time delivery target.
• Responsible for providing clear and concise direction and communication of planning priorities and production schedules to achieve site revenue and OTD (On Time Delivery) goals
• Collaborate with other business partners, such as Production, Tech Ops, PDS, QA & QC, etc. to ensure success in the execution of production plan and deliveries for all customers are satisfied.
• Manage and share changes to the forecast, production plans changes requested by the customer
• Participate in meetings with Project Managers, Business Managers and clients, reviewing clients’ requirements, forecasts, products launch plans, developing a robust productions plan to meet customers’ delivery target
• Lead Planning and Operations meetings and participate in client supply meetings as required.
Planning System & Process Improvement
• Monitor performances against the MPS and the production plan
• Identify areas for improvement to continuously enhance production planning processes effectiveness
• Develop “Planning Playbook” and document procedure, assumptions and conduct lesson learnt session
• Review current SAP, Sale Order Report (SOR), Milestone production planning & scheduling tools to identify area of improvement, optimize the tools to enhance planning team’s productivity and efficiency
• Review and publish monthly excess inventory statistics reports and implement procedures to reduce inventory levels and timely disposition of materials.
• Effectively manage master data to ensure data integrity and accuracy, meeting compliance and audit objectives
• Develop and monitor team KPIs to achieve business & clients’ objectives.
• Prepare weekly & monthly revenue & OTD (On Time Delivery) projection with Director, Supply Chain
• Efficiently manage budget and prepare management reports
• Develop and implement Standard Operation Procedures (SOP), working instructions; map business process for continuous improvement; develop staff training materials & programs in planning, master data and client services
• Develop team objectives, monitor performance and provide feedback to the Team.
• Participates in the recruitment, selection, promotion, termination, and performance management of its personnel.
• Ensures employees under the scope of responsibility are trained in required procedures for the execution of their role and maintains current with training requirements.
• Provides guidance, feedback and leadership to direct reports.
• Works with and advises staff on company policies and procedures.
• Promotes an environment of employee involvement in the workplace.
• OTD (On Time Delivery)
• Schedule Readiness & Adherence
• MPS Aggregate Performance, Stability, Lead Time, Execution
• Inventory Turns
• Customer Order Fill Rate
• Order Cycle Time
Patheon Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.