Join us as We Transform How Pharmaceuticals are Made.
|Patheon is looking for people who are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. Patheon is in need of proven leaders to nurture talent, build effective teams and drive engagement in an environment where people are motivated to do their best for the company, its clients and their patients. To inspire collaboration and innovation.
The Project Manager (PM II) responsibility is to manage multiple and potentially high complex projects independently in line with the company best practices and governance. The Project Manager (PM II) is the primary point of contact for the project.
- Manage a combination of 5-7 active medium/large projects with minimal monitoring from a Senior Project Manager or Associate Director of Project Management and in line with R&D best practices and governance.
- Lead project meetings, client conferences and on-site visits.
- Ensure compliance to the New Product Development Process guidelines.
- Work with all internal functional areas to facilitate the completion of all projects tasks associated with assigned, approved project plans.
- Promptly publish meeting minutes, key decisions and discussion points and follow action items to completion.
- Ensure team members are focused on the project tasks without losing the big picture.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Facilitate decision-making and conflict resolution within the project teams and local functional management. Present decisions and recommendations at periodic project gate reviews.
- Develop detailed project plans and ensure distribution of same to appropriate internal departments and personnel, and to external customers as required with support as needed.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Liaise with key customers (internal and external) on project issues to ensure timely communications, to coordinate the gathering and dissemination of pertinent project information, and to establish joint technical review meetings.
- Work closely with business managers to accomplish project objectives.
- Monitor R&D development fee status and, consistent with the status of legal agreements, and issue reports accordingly.
- Timely notify Finance of customer billing requirements coincident with project development progress and legal agreement payment schedules.
- Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Timely issuance of project change of scopes.
- Seek to establish excellent professional working relationships with clients and vendors.
- Communicate regularly with PDS or Commercial colleagues, modeling appropriate team principles and partnering to meet project, functional and team objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.). Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Masters of Science (M.Sc.) is highly desirable
- Minimum 4 years relevant industry experience (pharmaceutical development, clinical trials, or medical devices)
- 2 years of project management experience
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices
Help Us Make a Healthier World.
|Patheon provides development and manufacturing services for more than 800 pharmaceuticals, including nearly a fifth of the world’s top selling drugs. We’ve helped our clients earn more than twice as many U.S. FDA approvals than any other CDMO. Are you as committed as we are to exceeding expectations with high-quality solutions to complex problems? If so, we want to talk to you about making a healthier world... together. Join us at patheon.com
Patheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.