Join us as We Transform How Pharmaceuticals are Made.
|Patheon is looking for people who are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. Patheon is in need of proven leaders to nurture talent, build effective teams and drive engagement in an environment where people are motivated to do their best for the company, its clients and their patients. To inspire collaboration and innovation.
Job Title: Controller
The Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the business units at the site, to include the month end closing, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies.
- Manage outsourced functions (AR, AP and ACR teams)
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department to achieve the department's goals and objectives
- Serve as site subject matter expert on all Accounting related matters
- Serve as main liaison with internal and external auditors for both year-end substantive audit and testing of internal controls.
- Lead month end close of General Ledger
- Analyze cost and profitability
- Monitor all contracts and ensure proper accounting procedures are established to ensure compliance to contracts
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Manage inter-co Cash
- Ensure that account reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- SAP Finance Process owner, responsible for review/oversight of any Finance UAT
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Serve as lead site representative for SOX Compliance and internal audit support
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Industry Accounting
- Relevant experience in manufacturing is required.
- Strong knowledge of accounting regulations and company accounting policies and practices, and unquestioned integrity in the application of such standards.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Hyperion experience is preferred.
- Advanced desktop application experience Microsoft Power point, Excel, Word, and Access.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley is required
- Able to act autonomously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Financial Analysis experience.
- Ability to develop and manage processes that are effective and efficient.
- Timely and accurate completion of tasks.
- Proven ability to work with professional discretion and confidential information.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
Help Us Make a Healthier World.
|Patheon provides development and manufacturing services for more than 800 pharmaceuticals, including nearly a fifth of the world’s top selling drugs. We’ve helped our clients earn more than twice as many U.S. FDA approvals than any other CDMO. Are you as committed as we are to exceeding expectations with high-quality solutions to complex problems? If so, we want to talk to you about making a healthier world... together. Join us at patheon.com
Patheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.