· Conduct standard cost analysis and maintenance.
· Assist Finance with month-end close of General Ledger.
· Analyze costs, production variances, bills of materials and other cost accounting functions.
· Evaluate and analyze profitability.
· Create and manage standard reporting for costing at the site consistent with the business unit.
· Interact with the supply chain management team to ensure accurate cost data.
· Serve as the subject matter expert on cost accounting for the Drug Products and Pharmaceutical Development business units.
· Assist in preparing/analyzing monthly financial reports, including balance sheets and income statements.
· Sox implementation and on-going support.
· Assume other Finance, Accounting and Business Analysis responsibilities as determined.
· Support external audit process by preparation of schedules and interaction with audit team.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
· CPA is a plus
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Cost Accounting.
· Relevant experience in manufacturing is required.
· Strong knowledge of accounting regulations and company accounting policies and practices, and unquestioned integrity in the application of such standards.
· SAP experience is preferred.
· Hyperion experience is preferred.
· Advanced desktop application experience Microsoft Power point, Excel, Word, and Access.
· Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley is a plus.
· Driven self-starter with ability to understand and manage detailed data and summarize and articulate into meaningful, actionable output.
· Able to act autonomously.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
· Financial Analysis experience.
· Ability to develop and manage processes that are effective and efficient.
· Timely and accurate completion of tasks.
· Proven ability to work with professional discretion and confidential information.
· Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
Patheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.