The Technology Transfer Project Manager is part of the Business Management Department and responsible for the effective and efficient management of client-related projects in order to maximize client service and satisfaction in the overall best interest of Patheon.
The Technology Transfer Project Manager is table to fully able to master technical skills with respect to client and business requirements and identifies solutions aligned with these requirements.
In addition the Technology Transfer Project Manager is actively involved in the technology transfer portion of the quotations and negotiations process for new products/projects (including validation for commercial production).
The scope of the position covers three major areas:
1) Technical Excellence
2) Client Experience and Relationship Management
This is done with the collaboration of others in the Business Management & Tech Transfer organization, including Senior Technology Transfer Project Manager, Business Management leadership.
1. New Business Development:
· Contribute the definition of new business opportunities while meeting with the existing/potential clients, together with Business Management, during technical meetings with the scope of obtaining new products or the revision of the progress status/completion of projects.
2. Technology Transfer:
· Maintain continuous contact with the clients, focusing on the clients’ requirements and the interests of the company.
· Generate key documentation including the Technology Transfer Checklist, Gap Analysis that includes process design, Technology Transfer Master Plan/Scope, Technology Transfer Report, Project Timeline and Action Item lists.
3. Project Management:
· Lead, track, follow up and monitor project activities to ensure alignment with expectations and agreed-upon timeline.
· Oversee planning, execution and closure of all Engineering/Feasibility/Optimization phase activities.
· Chair regular meetings and correspondence between internal and client teams.
4. Optimization of the Production Costs:
· Maintain document/information repository.
· Contribute to the optimization of the production process, with continuous efforts to increase project savings on the technical side, while maintaining compliance with cGMP and company procedures.
5. Risk Management:
· Support and advice Business Management with the definition of the technical risks related to the acquisition of the new job orders, through collecting necessary details required for the evaluation, and completing the evaluation, respecting the interests of the company.
· Work closely with the Process Engineer to fully understand scope and requirements for projects triggered by events on existing commercial products.
6. PDS Relationship Management:
· Work closely with Pharmaceutical Development Services (PDS) formulator to follow and understand early stage product development for PDS-to-Commercial product transfers.
7. Internal Support and Client Relations:
· Provide support as needed to Validation and Production during the Validation/Stability phase, including review and approval of process validation documents.
·All company functions
·Existing clients until the time of the production transfer from the client to Patheon
8. GMP & Health & Safety:
· Ensure cGMP is applied in work area and complies with cGMP in all areas of the business.
· Understand and apply as needed, emergency procedures and safe systems of work.
· Comply with all EH & S requirements.
· Observe safety behavior in the working environment.
9. Evaluation of the Technical Costs:
Support the Commercial Quotes Group with the evaluation of the technical costs of the new job orders, providing the material technical details, production schedule, processes, and supply costs, aligning with the interests of the company.
Patheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.