Join us as We Transform How Pharmaceuticals are Made.
|Patheon is looking for people who are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. Patheon is in need of proven leaders to nurture talent, build effective teams and drive engagement in an environment where people are motivated to do their best for the company, its clients and their patients. To inspire collaboration and innovation.
Partners with the business to align business and Information Technology (IT) strategies and priorities, plan technology projects and programs, enhance business value, and deliver technology solutions and services aligned with business requirements. Provides guidance to the business around vendors and technical trends and analyzes the total impact on the organization when making or facilitating decisions.
1. Oversees strategic and operational imperatives requiring IT enablement for business units.
2. Manages and supports the delivery of complex systems to business clients within assigned area.
3. Works with senior management to establish priorities for feasibility studies, systems design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company’s existing information processing systems.
4. Identifies innovative technical and process solutions that drive the desired performance in cost, quality, compliance, customer service and revenue.
5. Manages changes in priorities, funding, scope, and timing to maintain alignment between business expectations and IT Department plans and budgets.
6. Generates ideas for improving IT operations and organization.
7. Selects, develops and evaluates staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Works with and advises staff on administrative policies and procedures.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in IT, engineering, or related field required;
Eight years of experience with information technology delivery for a life science regulated businesses required. Five years of experience managing a staff required. Experience providing leadership in a matrixed environment preferred. Direct experience designing, delivering and managing global IT outsource services preferred.
Competencies: Working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry required. Depending on area of assignment, knowledge of lab systems, quality systems, operational excellence and/or process improvement systems preferred. Current knowledge of IT industry trends. Ability to maintain industry-leading subject matter expertise (SME) in the field of IT. Ability to translate business needs into solutions. Ability to manage people in both a direct report and project management capacity. Detailed knowledge of end-user computing and networking systems. Superior customer service and communication skills required. Strong organizational change management capability. Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously. Strong business unit consulting skills. Advanced knowledge of business area supported. Ability to travel moderately (1 time per month) – or more frequently as needed.
Help Us Make a Healthier World.
|Patheon provides development and manufacturing services for more than 800 pharmaceuticals, including nearly a fifth of the world’s top selling drugs. We’ve helped our clients earn more than twice as many U.S. FDA approvals than any other CDMO. Are you as committed as we are to exceeding expectations with high-quality solutions to complex problems? If so, we want to talk to you about making a healthier world... together. Join us at patheon.com
Patheon Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.