Join us as We Transform How Pharmaceuticals are Made.
|Patheon is looking for people who are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. Patheon is in need of proven leaders to nurture talent, build effective teams and drive engagement in an environment where people are motivated to do their best for the company, its clients and their patients. To inspire collaboration and innovation.
The candidate will be responsible for the performance of operations in support of the manufacture of Commercial and Clinical Biologics. He/She will be responsible for following Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and carrying out a variety of functions related to Upstream (cell culture) and Downstream (purification) biopharmaceutical manufacturing. These functions may include but are not limited to activities such as propagation of mammalian cell culture, conducting aseptic cell culture operations, execution of large scare production bioreactors (50L - 2000L), conducting large scale chromatography, viral inactivation, viral filtration, ultrafiltration and diafiltration, as well as aseptic filling of bulk drug substance.
Eligible candidates will need to be available to work a second shift. Our Downstream positions, in particular, require that we have individuals who are either willing to be dedicated to second shift or are able to do a rotation of a couple weeks on second and then a couple weeks on first.
- Execution of manufacturing batch records, work instructions and/or SOPs, with focus on ‘right the first time’ executions. Able to assist in all Department functions, such as maintaining suite, supplies, equipment, logbooks and data in accordance with site SOPs and policies. Documentation of all activities to meet cGMP requirements. Execute document reviews and revisions. Daily record review, tasks, and databases. Actively provides feedback.
- Critical evaluation of processes, including foresight and thinking ahead.
- Complete preventative maintenance and work notifications tasks on time. Performs equipment testing and routine trouble-shooting.
- Ensure tasks are executed with a method of prioritization - interpret production schedules and complete tasks accordingly. Participate in shift exchanges, 1-1’s, meetings, attend meetings as necessary to facilitate area needs based on changes, etc. (lean activities).
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree or greater, preferably in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similarly related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a related field or industry preferred
- Experience in manufacturing and/or GMP environment preferred
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Proved attendance record
- Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- cGMP experience strongly preferred
- Clean Room experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of biomanufacturing processes and equipment
- Understanding ‘why’ and not just the ‘how’ of processes and practices
- Mechanical / Analytical Skills / Method automation
- PC skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Math skills
- Able to work in a rapidly changing climate - reacts well to change
- Team player
- Strong Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while remaining focused
- Reliable, dependable, and organized
- Able to recognize problems developing, not just occurring
- Some lifting required; pushing, pulling
- Occasional heavy lifting or moving required
- Capable of specific vision (color, close and peripheral)
- Good hearing
- Able to work with a large degree of background noises
- Able to stand, walk, reach with hands/arms, stoop, kneel, crouch for most of the day
- Able to gown, wear PPE, and work successfully in a clean room environment.
- Able to work in an indoor work space that leaves no visual of outside areas
- Hot or wet surfaces present
- Able to work in cold rooms
- Able to work rotating or fixed schedule
Help Us Make a Healthier World.
|Patheon provides development and manufacturing services for more than 800 pharmaceuticals, including nearly a fifth of the world’s top selling drugs. We’ve helped our clients earn more than twice as many U.S. FDA approvals than any other CDMO. Are you as committed as we are to exceeding expectations with high-quality solutions to complex problems? If so, we want to talk to you about making a healthier world... together. Join us at patheon.com
Patheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.